Monday, March 27, 2006

out-of-town ... not out of mind

I will miss arriving ten minutes after I say I will pick him up. He will always be gracious and seemingly accepting of the brief passage of time. Maybe he depends on it; in that respect, I’m actually predictable.

Go figure … one of the things I’ll miss about SD are the visits from an out-of-town friend that I likely will see less often when in the BA.

I often speak of the SD people, places, and things-to-do that I will miss. All this is true. However, I recently realized that I have overlooked a special friendship that has evolved through time. I will miss the story-telling dinners with my friend Taylor. When he comes to SD to work, it’s often hit-or-miss if dining with him is in the mix. When it is a hit, it is quite a treat. He continues to remind me that I need to write. (That's a good thing.) He speaks proudly of his wife and son. And ... he reminds me there are cool lawyers out there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirley, you'll just need to invite people to visit you in the BA. There will be good things to do there, too, without the great SD weather of course, but you'll likely be going to SD for work related things, so you'll get to see the Southern Californians, too.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home