Monday, February 06, 2006

after work meet-up for drinks in SD

So, it's not like I pub crawl (anymore - ha! jk) ... but I get together with friends and clients here/there in SD. And more often when it's just a quick meet-up after work, the destination is some place where we can hear each other talking and some place that has beer, wine, maybe cocktails, and maybe something to munch on. (easy parking is a plus!)

Because I'm in the Mission Hills area, places I meet-up with folks tend not to be more than 5-miles away. So here are some places I will miss ... Turf Club in the Golden Hill, The Field in the Gaslamp (tho' a bit of a hassle for parking), Shakespeare Pub & Grille just down the hill from me, Parallel 33/Blue Lotus in Mission Hills (for cocktails, appetizers and great food), Princess Pub in Little Italy, and Zocalo's in Old Town (for the hand-shaken margarita). There are more places, but this is a quick start.

So after the ReLo, I've determined I'll be straying more than 5-miles away from my new digs in the 'burbs of the East Bay. And I am determined to find meet-up places with the option(s) of grill-your-own-food -have-a-pint-or-margarita -eat-a-fab-appetizer -in-a-welcoming-place. And the goal is not to have to cross a bridge or if I do, I'll at least have my special transponder, eh!?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fondly do I remember pubbing with S. Always good food, plenty of drinks, and wonderful people for engaging the mind.

Having already left SD for better climes, I can only remember afternoon beer at Shakespeare, or a shot of Don Fernando at El Agave with a molE dinner.

Please think of me when trolling the opportunites in Old Town.

Mac

4:16 PM  
Blogger shirlnutkin said...

Mac!

Thanks so much for checking in on the ReLo! Visit again.

I must add that YOUR ANNUAL EVENT (bday & history lesson) was always a fun one. Conversation always the best.

On "shot o' Don" at El Agave - that would be YOU and DON and others. I believe I chose the simpler life of a glass of red wine and watched others sample the great tequila selection. Where are those others, anyway!? Is anyone carrying on the El Agave moments? And what about that bar down the street w/the pool tables?

Enjoy the NW climate ... and a trolling I will go! Hope to see you when visiting up in the NW. And touch base when you make it down to SD, for whatever reason!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home