Thursday, January 26, 2006

caught wi-fi squatting in SD

My picture was taken a few times by a gal writing an article on wi-fi equipped coffee shops.

I am at my favorite coffee house - Influx ... sitting in a little corner of the coffee shop - laptop on, blackberry adjacent, project work sprawled, and (most importantly) coffee within arms length.
a corner with a view ...

..."slighlty" angled pic of the Influx entrance from Broadway.

(BTW, their sandwiches, salads and pastries are GREAT!)

Anyway, don't know if she'll use any of the pictures she took this morning.

If she does, then I have my R|CAT baseball cap to thank for succesfully dealing with my "pseudo-bad hair day".

As far as after the ReLo, in addition to the wi-fi capability of whatever hotel I will stay at when in San Diego, Influx will be my on & off SD office. It's so convenient at 20th & Broadway --- easy access to key places - Downtown, Hwys 5 / 94 / 163, and the airport.

RESOURCE FOR WI-FI LOCATIONS ... Regarding wi-fi (aka HotSpot) locations, I usually rely on a web-based resource that cnet has from jiwire. There are other resources, such as Wi-Fi Planet and Free Wi-Fi Spots. But because jiwire has had Paddy's place listed for quite some time, I've bonded with jiwire. Point is - as part of my ReLo and just for general work out-and-about town or when on travel, I make a point to find out where (free) wi-fi squatting is offered. And if great coffee is served - that's even better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home