Wednesday, October 18, 2006

25th h.s. reunion: why i attend the reunions ...

a quick acknowledgment of WHY i go to my h.s. reunion
  • louis = devil (as a term of endearment, of course)
  • i made a deal with louis at the 1st reunion (the 5 yr)
  • hence, i made a deal with the devil
and i do not back out on deals (most of the time)

meet my friend, the devil
[pic from our recent 25th reunion,
and when i get back to the Bay Area, i'll post a pic from our 10 year reunion]


some of my memories from the 5 year reunion (at the dunfey in san mateo) include:
  • being mistaken for greta, debbie, and rachel (of which i look like none of them, expect for the black hair)
  • awesome spread of appetizers/food stuff
  • lots of people
  • being in an elevator w/h.s. people and realizing we didn't know each other as we went up 2 very slow levels (awkward moments)
  • doing the once-in-a-while hug-screech-omg-hug thing
  • answering questions as follows - "uh ... i just graduated and don't have a job yet" ... "single" ... "berkeley" ... "no kids" ... "jobless still, from when you asked me 20 minutes ago"
  • hanging out in a lobby area w/some cool h.s. folks that i didn't really know but drinking up while eating fancy-shmancy appetizers
  • meeting my boyfriend from college to pick me up and take me away (pah-leez)
  • running into a teacher who apparently was the h.s. reunion police and asked that my boyfriend leave the premises (can they do that in a lobby area?)
OH! and making my deal with the devil - that no matter what - we would go to all the reunions together - with or without spouse, no matter how far we've moved, and with a smile on our faces!
thanks, louis, for a great tradition
that i can rely on every 5 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home