Saturday, January 28, 2006

color & texture in both places

A variety of cultures, foods, music, entertainment, etc. - y'just gotta get out & about.

When I move back up ...
I am looking forward to the color & texture in the Bay Area. Having grown up in the Bay Area - lived there since 3rd grade - I have always enjoyed the awesome variety of cultures!

It took a while for me to find ... but SD has variety ... When I moved to San Diego in 1991, I felt like something was missing. It took me a little while to discover the color & texture (and still searching for more to experience) with which I had become accustomed while living in the Bay Area.

Below is a pic of a typical block on El Cajon Blvd (in the 40th blocks). This afternoon I was craving Vietnamese food (Pho, to be specific) and was pretty certain I'd find a good place on El Cajon Blvd ... and then I noticed the block and other nearby blocks had that color and texture.

(kind of hard to see ... fr: L to R - mexican, ethiopian, central american (tho' not quite a food place), french ... and not pictured but to the right of the french bakery - vietnamese ... you'll have to trust me on that)

Anyway, when I am back up in the BA, I'm sure to enjoy the color & texture, once again!

(how fun is this pic!? - somewhere in the Mission)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home