Tuesday, January 31, 2006

will invest in FasTrak pass in BA ...

Steve in Emeryville had a great comment re: bridge toll ... he wrote:
Forget the stash of ones. Invest in a FasTrak pass for your car- www.bayareafastrak.org

So ... I learned something new. I will be getting my decal for my hybrid (which I have had since March 2001) that is named "IceT" after Toyota's color "aqua ice opalescent" ...

and I see that for my ReLo, the Bay Area has something special for Hybrids - solo hybrid drivers can use the carpool-only lanes on the 4 bridges with FasTrak.

"In the Bay Area, a special hybrid-only FasTrakā„¢ transponder is also required."
I am thinking I'll still just get my decal (for my remaining SoCal days). Then when my residency status changes to Alameda County, I'll fill out more paperwork and eventually get the transponder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home