Thursday, February 02, 2006

R|ReLo #1: ReLo announcement

R|ReLo: For the BUSINESS-SIDE of things
This is the first of weekly posts regarding my relocation progress.
For inquiring minds, my intention is to post - "R|ReLo #2, R|ReLo #3, etc.
So, thanks (in advance) for checking in!



Yes, I am really (REALLY) moving ... to the Bay Area.

LOOK ... SEE ... ABOVE ... (Click on the image!) ...
It was memorialized ("Thanks!" to Tanya of ARTEFACT DESIGN) in this announcement, which was sent out over the 2005 holidays ... a nice, card-stock, double-sided announcement. I must be serious this time!

Answers to SOME of your "yes" and "no" questions -
  • DATE - No ... there is not a drop-dead date. Spring 2006 means before the 1st day of Summer 2006.
  • LOCATION - Yes ... I will be on the East Bay side, like salmon swimming up-stream. I'll be in Union City (zip code 94587). It has a BART station and is adjacent to Hayward and Fremont. I spent my jr. high through college years in Union City (though I lived near campus during college).
  • BUSINESS - Yes ... I will continue with my consulting practice. I also will continue to maintain several projects and clients in San Diego and am very glad to do so.
  • COMPUTER NETWORK - No ... I will not limit myself to the 2 PC/1 MAC home-based network. We will have a standard VPN established. And maybe another Mac or two.
  • INTERNS - Yes ... I will continue the internship program, as mentioned in a previous post. Also, the internship progam will follow the basic internship approach we have set up. (Do visit the R|Intern blog for current thoughts & mischief.)
  • SD VENDORS & COLLEAGUES - Yes ... I will continue to work with those vendors and colleagues with whom we've established great working relationships.
  • OFFICE IN SD - No ... I will not have a dedicated office in SD, however, I have established arrangements with colleagues to accommodate the "mobile office" I will have - wi-fi equipped settings (hotel, libraries, coffee/cafe shops), client & vendor guest offices with network connection, and moments where I am unplugged!
  • SOUTHWEST AIRLINES - Yes ... I will occupy a seat on their airlines, likely once a month - at least flying between SD and BA and SD and BA ....
  • OFFICE IN BA - Yes ... I will have an office in BA. I expect to continue in a home-based setting (and fly between BA and SD and BA ... you get the point).
  • TBCS - Yes ... I will continue to use the office/project administration services of TBCS.
O.K. - that's enough for this week. Drop by next week - and ask me other questions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home